Race Team Requirements & Benefits
- Membership Application: Complete membership application. Application review and approval by Race Team Leadership and PTBS Corporate.
- Requirement to be a member in good standing and to qualify for post season pay outs:
- Members must complete 75% of races either in the Arkansas Mountain Bike Championship Series, Oklahoma Tour de Dirt series or Arkansas Enduro Series. For example, if there are 7 races in the season, members need to complete 5 of 7 races in one series to be in good standing. The number of races required will be communicated prior to season start. At the end of the year, all race results will be reviewed.
- If a Race Team member does not qualify for the TDD roster and is not racing in the AES or AMBCS series, they will not be eligible for payouts. They can complete a designated number of races between the three series to maintain their membership in good standing.
- Members must complete 8 hours of Volunteer Time during the year. These hours can be fulfilled by PayDirt (trail maintenance), working race events, or leading group rides for Phat Tire. There are multiple volunteer opportunities with NICA, Bike Club, OK Flyers, trail love, races, etc. Hours must be communicated to the Race Team Captain via email for compilation.
- Members must always positively represent Phat Tire Bike Shop and the Phat Tire Race Team in the community and on social media.
- Members must wear Phat Tire Race Team Kits when racing and as often as possible when riding.
- All race team members must own at least one of the current race team kits.
- Race Team members are encouraged to ride Phat Tire represented equipment.
- Exceptions to these requirements will be handled on a case-by-case basis by Team Captains. Phat Tire Bike Shop Corporate can remove people from the team at their discretion.
- CAT 3: Racers can be CAT 3 or Novice for one year. After 1 year of racing CAT 3, members must proceed to CAT 2. If racing in Clydesdale, members are not required to CAT Up. In the event a CAT 3 member does not wish to proceed to CAT 2, the member will not be eligible to be included on race series rosters or for any benefits other than the Race Team discount at Phat Tire Bike Shop.
- Podium Requirements: Members must wear Phat Tire Race Team logo gear anytime they are recognized on the podium.
- Team Captain: The role of Phat Tire Race Team Captain for NW Arkansas and Oklahoma (Tulsa & OKC) is a 1-year commitment. Benefits are determined by PTBS Corporate and will undergo a yearly review process.
- Complimentary Kit: Members finishing a series season in 1st, 2nd or 3rd Overall in State Ranking will receive a complimentary kit (1 Jersey top and 1 Bib or Short bottom). Complimentary Kit benefit limited to one per year per racer.
- Complimentary Bike Fit: Members receive Complimentary Basic Fits and 1 Complimentary Advanced Fit on PTBS bikes where available.
PTBS Branded Gear Benefit: 35% discount on PTBS branded gear.
PTBS General Shop Discount Benefit: 20% discount on non-PTBS branded gear. 20% discount on all other shop items (excludes service and labor).
NOTE: Due to current supply constraints on bikes, the 20% does not apply to bike purchases. After supply constraints subside, bike purchases will be included and applicable to purchases for Race Team Member only and limited to 1 bike per year.
- Podium and Finished Race Entry Payouts will be paid at Season’s End in cash. Single Speed is treated as CAT 2. Clydesdale is treated as CAT 3.
Entry Fee Coverage: a portion of the entry fees for races started are covered for any race team members in good standing who complete the required minimum for any race series entered.
Cat 3 $20
Cat 2 $25
Cat 1 $30
Podium Cash Payouts: payouts are provided to race team members in good standing who complete the required minimum for any race series entered. Podium payouts are for each race within the series for which a race team member podiums.
Cat 3 1st-$30, 2nd -$20, 3rd - $10
Cat 2 1st-$50, 2nd -$30, 3rd - $20
Cat 1 1st-$125, 2nd -$75, 3rd - $50
* The provision of benefits is dependent in part on the monetary Sponsorships obtained by the Race Team on an annual basis.